Good/happy things about today:
- I got out of bed before 12pm
- I was home alone all day. This is good because it reduces arguments.
- I got three phone calls – the first about College House, the second from Anna about flights, and the third from “Anton from Westpac, Westgate”.
- I spoke to our neighbour and found out how it is that our cat is so fat despite not eating anything at home. Yup, you guessed it – he dines out every night at his friend’s across the road.
- I got an email reply from my grandpa, in which he said “So you are quickly learning to hold your drink!! That said; just remember it is the sensible young ladies who will benefit from such a lesson and will prosper throughout life! Sorry, I am beginning to lecture you and no doubt you will remember your Mother looking daggers at me for giving you beer to sample whilst down in Wales!!” This really made me smile for a bit.
- I watched Friends.
- My cat came back to sleep on my bed after I had put her outside for the night.
- I made a necklace.
- My internet is deathly slow. It irritates me. I want to watch HIMYM and I caaaaan’t 😦
- I feel really unprepared about returning to CH again. I also feel like somehow everyone else has bonded over these three weeks and I haven’t. I hope it’s not the case; that would suck.
- My textbooks didn’t arrive. This means they’ll have to be sent down to me. I hope I get them in time.
- Town tomorrow night has been cancelled. I could go with Auckland CH people but that’s hardly fair on Blake. So we’ll probably have a really cute night in. It just annoys me when plans fail.
- I realised that next Friday will be my first birthday away from home. It’s strange how things are changing.
- It was my last day at home again, for the second time in less than a month, only this time I really don’t when I’ll be back. I guess it turned out I didn’t know last time either though.
- Saying goodbye to Dad was hard…again. Life is so cruel with these goodbyes.
- I missed you, and I still miss you. Why don’t you txt me? I always have to do it first. Grr. Although that’s not really fair of me to say, sorry. I just miss you, and I’m annoyed at us only getting four days together when I’ve been killing time for three weeks. Friday night better be gooooooood.
Final night in my own bed…again. This song makes me sleepy in the most perfect way possible:
“He is the one who plays the piano
He is the one who wants to love
She is the one who touched his heart
He made too much of this, of course
I guess that’s all
They feel so small
He is the one who wants the crowd to disappear
He is the one who draws them near
He is asleep, deep and cynical
She stays awake to sing sonata.”