Hello, this is me… (March 2010)
Like most blogs, my name is not in the title/URL/header of this page. But yes, I do write my own posts so I can be found as the author of this. I’m a girl, I like music, I like having freedom and independence, I learn from the past and try to live for the moment. (Live for the moment – basically code for ‘I don’t really know what I want to do in the future so I take every opportunity that comes my way. Pretty much. Well, if it’s not ridiculously expensive, doesn’t involve me risking my life in any way and doesn’t mean I have to forget about or lose any of my friends then we’re sweet.)
What else, what else, what else..? I like to think a lot. Hence why much of my blog might not make much sense to you – my thoughts often run away and play in fields of shoulder-high grass with each other. Yeah, exactly.
Passion-wise – music. Where would the world be without it? I play the violin…if I one day succeed in doing a piece of music justice then I might let you know. And also people. As lame a passion as that may sound, they fascinate me. I study psychology and this is one of my many options to pursue in ‘the future’. And probably the most likely…it’s the most realistic subject to study because all your evidence is right there before your eyes – around every street corner and in every corner of the world. Why why why why why? Always a good question that one.
And lastly, L-O-V-E. Yes, I can pronounce it thanks, unlike you Katy Perry (don’t get me wrong, she’s hot. And in that video – wow. It’s just a hot music video…from both a guys and a girls POV). I’m pretty certain I’ve found my special somebody so I’m not gonna get hung up on lurrrrve right now. But when/if the time comes or the issue arises you’ll see what I mean. *turns into emo child* Haha 🙂
So, if you don’t know what kinda person ‘me’ is yet, then stuff you. Na, just kidding. Enjoy reading my stuff, hopefully I don’t end up boring you. Laters yo 😀
OK, this is really me. (April 2010)
Time started: 6:37pm
Single or Taken: Taken
Birthday: 18 March 92
Eye colour: Brown
What are you wearing: Too-big jeans, singlet and baggy see-through t-shirt
Where do you live: NZ
Righty or lefty: Right
Where is your favorite place to shop: Warehouse/Op Shops, Primark, H&M, Top Shop (if they had them here)
Colour: Purple, Black, Green
Boys Name: Oliver
Girls Name: Rose
Animal: PANDA (of course :D)
Movie: Hot Fuzz/Hot Rod/Armageddon
Breakfast: Rice crispies
Favorite cartoon character: Simba
HAVE YOU EVER ———
Given anyone a bath: My dog
Bungee Jumped: Would love to
Gone skinny dipping: Not quite
Eaten a dog: Never in my life
Put your tongue on a frozen pole: I think so
Loved someone so much it made you cry: BLAKE
Broken a bone: No
Played truth or dare: Love it
Been in a physical fight: Sibling fights get pretty violent
Been in a police car: No
Been in a hot tub: Yes
Swam in the ocean: Yes
Fallen asleep in school: Yes, thanks IB + no sleep + ecosystems p6
Ran away: Yes
Broken someone’s heart: Yes
Cried when someone died: Yes
Cried in school: Only once from sad tears, the rest of the time from laughing too much
Fell off your chair: Heaps
Sat by the phone all night waiting for someone to call: Lay in bed maybe
Saved AIM conversation: Yes
WHAT IS ———
Your good luck charm: Maybe Howie bear can step in there
Best song you ever heard: Fix You – Coldplay
What’s your room like: Green, purple, small, dark and filled with pictures
What is beside you: Howie
Last thing you ate: Biscuits and cheese
What kind of shampoo do you use: Stuff that smells good
Best thing that has happened to you this year: Blake
Worst thing that has happened to you this year: Getting into bottom team for badminton/not doing a sport
Do you believe in karma: Yes
HAVE YOU HAD ———
Chicken pox: Yes
Sore Throat: Yes
Broken nose: No
DO YOU ———
Believe in love at first sight: Lust
Like picnics: If you find a quiet spot
Like school: Be kinda bored without it I guess
What schools have you gone to: Crofton Infants, Mathry, YBG, currently at Kristin
Would you eat a live hamster for $1,000,000 dollars: Hell no
Who was the last person that called you: Blake
What makes you laugh the most: Lots of things, being with friends, looking back over videos/photos, the usual
LAST PERSON ———
You yelled at: My brother
Who broke your heart: It doesn’t matter, it got fixed
Who is your loudest friend: Hayley
DO YOU/ARE YOU ———
Do you like filling these out: Only when I’ve can’t be bothered writing a 4000 word essay in the holidays
Do you wear contacts or glasses: No
Do you like yourself: I guess, yes
Do you get along with your family: Mostly
Obsessive: Not really
FINAL QUESTIONS ———
What are you listening to right now: Home – Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
What did you do yesterday: Medical checks, bit of study
Hate someone in your family: No
What car do you wish to have: Mini? Blake?
Where do you want to get married: St Nicholas Church, Pembrokeshire
If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be: My motivation
How many remote controls are in your house: God knows
Are you double jointed: No
Last time you took a bath: Ages ago
The last movie you saw at the cinemas: Alice In Wonderland 3D
Do you like scary or happy movies: Scary because of the thrill, happy if they’re comedy and not cheesey
Black or white: Black
Root Beer or Dr. Pepper: Dr. Pepper
Vanilla or chocolate: Vanilla
Silver or Gold: Silver
Diamond or pearl: Diamond
Sunset or Sunrise: Sunset
Sprite or 7up: Sprite
Cats or dogs: Both
Coffee or tea: Green tea or weak coffee
Phone or in person: In person
Are you the oldest, middle, youngest or only child: Oldest
Indoor or outdoor: Outdoor
End Time: 7:05pm
Me now. (July 2010)
10 YEARS AGO
1.) How old were you? 8
2.) Where did you go to school? Mathry
3) Where did you work? At 8?!
4) Where did you live? Good old Parsonage House in Pembrokeshire
5.) Where did you hang out? At home, in the fields…
6.) Did you wear glasses? No
7.) Who were your best friends? Lucinda, Jessica, Aled and Geraint
8.) How many tattoos did you have? Plenty of those temporary ones
9.) How many piercings did you have? None
10.) What car did you drive? I had a horse?
11.) Had you been to a real party? Well, plenty oh parties including baked beans and chips and party hats, yeah.
2.) Had you had your heart broken? No
13. Were you Single/Taken/Married/Divorced? Flitting between single and taken 😉
5 YEARS AGO
1.) How old were you? 13
2.) Where did you go to school? Ysgol Bro Gwaun
3.) Where did you work? I didn’t
4.) Where did you live? Parsonage House still
5.) Where did you hang out? Friends houses, the stables. I used to be such a country girl.
6.) Did you wear glasses? No
7.) Who were your best friends? Lucinda, Jessica, Sophie, Charlotte
9.) How many tattoos did you have? None
10.) How many piercings did you have? I think I had my ears done by now.
11) What car did you drive? Still on horse-back
12) Had your heart broken? I’d thought I had, but really? Definitely not.
13. Were you Single/Taken/Married/Divorced? Bit of single, bit of taken. Oh come on, remember being 13?
1.) How old are you? 18
2.) Where do you work? Cassels Wedding Function Centre
3.) Where do you live? Waitakere, New Zealand (how things change…)
4.) Do you wear glasses? No
5.) Who are your best friends? Blake, Kristy, Hayley, Sacha, Anna, Lucinda
6.) Do you talk to your old friends? I talk to Lucinda and sometimes Jessica. 12/13 hours time difference makes things a bit difficult though.
7.) Do you have any more piercings than before? An extra ear one
8.) How many tattoos? None
9.) What kind of car do you have? Honda Civic 1992
10.) Has your heart been broken? Battered and bruised, but no-one’s owned it enough to break it.
11.) Are you Single/Taken/Married/Divorce? Taken, definitely 😀
IN 10 YEARS TIME
1.) How old will you be? 28
2.) Where will you work? In a music production company of some sort, writing and producing my own music.
3.) Where will you live? Who knows, New Zealand, England, USA…
4.) Will you wear glasses? Hopefully not
5.) Who will your best friends be? Blake, Kristy, Hayley, Sacha, Anna, Lucinda…still, I hope
6.) Will you talk to your old friends? I’ll certainly try
7.) Will you have any more piercings than before? Probably not
8.) How many tattoos? None
9.) What kind of car will you have? Honestly, anything’s better than what I’ve got now. But we’ll have the Swift, I know that much.
10.) Will your heart have been broken? Definitely not
11.) Will you be Single/Taken/Married/Divorce? Married to Blake 😀
Update 4. (August 2010)
– B: I will always love you, whatever happens.
– L: Why don’t you talk to me anymore?
Nine things about yourself.
– I really want to be a TV reporter but I speak too fast for that to ever be able to happen.
– I’ve been ‘growing my hair’ for years, but it’s still only a few inches below my shoulders.
– I trust too easily.
– I cry a lot.
– I think animals that live to sleep and eat have the ideal life i.e. pandas and cats.
– I think there are more genuinely nice males in the world than females.
– I think I’m getting dumber.
– Pizza and movie nights, ’nuff said.
– Be cute
– Cuddle me
– Sleep with me (in a completely innocent way)
– Bear with me when I’m down
– Make me laugh
– Surprise me
– Look after me
– Be you
– The future
– Your bed
– The past
– My dreams
– Almost give my life away
– Had anything to do with S
– Had anything to do with C
– Wasted time
– Wasted money
– Lulled myself into false security
– B (you’re worth two)
– Lack of ‘equipment’
– Blue eyes
– Facial hair (in the right amount)
– Squeezable bum
– : )
– I worry about the enormity with which my life relies on you.
– Available: Not at all. I have Blakie.
– Age: 18
– Annoyance: Stupid people
– Animal: Pandas
– Beer: Corona
– Birthday: 18th March
– Best friend: Blakie, Boyd, Sheldon and co., Kristy, Sacha, Anna…
– Body Part on opposite sex: Bum and tum 🙂
– Best feeling in the world: Being hugged properly.
– Blind or Deaf: Blind. At least if the world was dark, I’d have music.
– Best weather: Either sunshine when at the beach or rain when tucked up in bed.
– Been in Love: Yes
– Been on stage : Yes
– Believe in Magic: Yes
– Believe in Santa: Come on…
– Candy: Snakes
– Colour: Deep purple
– Chocolate/Vanilla: Vanilla
– Chinese/Mexican Food: Chinese? I don’t really ‘do’ either.
– Cake or pie: Cake
– Continent to visit: Europe
– Cheese: Edam
– Day or Night: Night. Again, darkness 🙂
– Dancing in the rain: Please? If it’s just you and me.
– Eyes: Brown
– Everyone’s got: someone. Whether they know it or not.
– Ever failed a class?: No
– First thoughts waking up: What day is it…which bed am I in…where are you…
– Food: Pizza
– Greatest Fear: Loneliness
– Goals: To save a life, directly or indirectly.
– Gum: Extra?
– Get along with your parents?: Dad more than Mum
– Hair Color: Brown…ish
– Height: Short, about 5’3/5’4
– Happy: When I’m with Blake.
– Holiday: Need one. Anywhere but here.
– How do you want to die: Beside you.
– Ice Cream: Cookies and Cream
– Instrument: Violin and piano.
– Jewellery: Home-made bracelets and things.
– Job: Currently waitress, aiming to be a journalist/write (like this).
– Kids: Two. One day.
– Kickboxing or karate: Neither
– Keep a journal: This blog?
– Love: is all that keeps me going.
– Letter: E, M, A, B. See a pattern? 😛
– Laughed so hard you cried: Many times. Especially when over-tired.
– Milk flavour: Strawberry
– Movies: The Notebook, Up, The Great Gatsby
– Motion sickness: No
– McD’s or BK: McD’s. Happy Meal. (Shh.)
– Number: 7
– One wish: To live the rest of my life happily with you by my side.
– Perfect Pizza: Our home-made concoction.
– Pepsi/Coke: Pepsi
– Quail: Um, what?
– Reason to cry: Broken heart, loss of a loved one.
– Reality T.V.: Wife Swap
– Radio Station: Yet to find one that plays consistently decent music.
– Roll your tongue in a circle: No
– Ring size: No idea
– Song: Fix You – Coldplay
– Shoe size: 7/8
– Salad Dressing: Whatever
– Sushi: EW NO.
– Skinny dipped?: No
– In the shower: With you? OK 😀
– Strawberries/Blueberries: Strawberries and cream
– Tattoos: No
– Time for bed: Whenever you go to bed.
– Thunderstorms: Cute if I’m with you.
– Unpredictable: Life.
– Vacation spot(s): Anywhere I haven’t been
– Weakness: Jealousy.
– Which one of your friends acts the most like you: Blake
– Who makes you laugh the most: Blake, Sheldon, Boyd
– Worst feeling: Heartbreak.
– Wanted to be a model: Wished, maybe.
– Worst Weather: Overly humid.
– X-Rays: Only ever for teeth
– Year it is now: 2010
– Yellow: is a colour I have never been fond of.
– Zoo animal: Do you need to ask? Pandas.
It’s nearly Christmas (November 2010)
You can learn a lot about someone by the music they listen to. So here’s your taste of me – the first 25 songs that shuffle onto my iPod:
- w.a.m.s – Fall Out Boy
- Radiosong – Alice in Videoland
- Little Angel – Hard-Fi
- All This Time – OneRepublic
- Waking Up – OneRepublic
- Walking On A Dream – Empire Of The Song
- Sleep – Kimya Dawson
- Flash – Midnight Youth
- Everything Is Borrowed – The Streets
- Broken – Late of the Pier
- Folding Chair – Regina Spektor
- Rise Of The Idiots – Skism
- Haiti – Arcade Fire
- Electric Feel – MGMT
- I’m Like A Lawyer With The Way I’m Always Trying To Get You Off – Fall Out Boy
- Cry Freedom – Dave Matthews Band
- Soft Rock Star – Metric
- Vampires – Dukes
- Breakeven – The Script
- Henrietta – The Fratellis
- All The Right Moves – OneRepublic
- Do Me A Favour – Arctic Monkeys
- Live Like You’re Dying – Lenka
- The Next Untouchable – Cajun Dance Party
- Talk – Coldplay
And just FYI, my favourite bands/artists:
The Temper Trap